Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer – Haiti
Trigon Associates, llc has an immediate need for a full-time Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer to support a rehabilitation project at the Cap Haitien Port (CHP), in Cap Haitien. This project is on behalf of USAID/Haiti Mission in partnership with the Government of Haiti (GOH) – represented by the Ministry of Planning and External Cooperation, the Ministry of Economy and Finance, and the Ministry of Public Works, Transport and Communications. The QA Engineer will work with the Chief of Party (COP) and Health Safety & Security (HS&S) Officer as well as other team members working at the project site.
The QA Engineer will work closely with the Chief of Party (COP) to develop and implement a quality assurance plan. The QA Engineer will also ensure that all construction activities at the CHP Port site are carried out in compliance with the relevant quality standards and regulations and conduct Quality Assurance Reviews and ensure that all construction materials and equipment meet the required specifications. The QA Engineer will also be responsible for identifying and resolving quality issues and providing technical support to the project team as required. Additional responsibilities include:
- Ensuring that all construction activities are carried out in compliance with the relevant procedures, quality standards and regulations;
- Developing and maintaining a database of quality assurance review data;
- Conducting risk assessments and work closely with the project team to develop and implement corrective actions as required; and
- Providing technical support to the team as required as well as training on quality assurance review and report procedures.
Successful candidates will possess the followings skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction management or related concentration;
- Minimum 10 years of experience in relevant work, with at least 10 years of direct experience in construction of ports or similar maritime facilities;
- Demonstrated broad knowledge of quality assurance in marine construction projects;
- Proficient written and spoken English and French skills are required;
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Strong problem-solving skills;
- Experience with USAID-funded projects; and
- Holds an advanced degree in construction management and a license in engineering (PE) or equivalent.
Candidates who also have experience with USAID-funded projects and/or hold an advanced degree in construction management and a licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.), or equivalent, are preferred.
For more details regarding this position, please email a cover letter and CV to HR@trigonassociates.com.